Frequently Asked Questions
How to install SECURY'LIGHT
How to use and configure Secury'Light
What should I do if my mobile phone fails to connect SECURY'LIGHT ?
- Check your network settings, close the router's firewall when connecting and ensure that the Wi-Fi channel is 2.4G rather than 5G.
- Make sure that the mobile phone and the camera are connected to the same network and the Wi-Fi password is correct.
- Check the network speed and Wi-Fi signal strength. It is recommended to use this camera with a network speed greater than 2MBps and the network remains strong (users can buy the standard Wi-Fi signal amplifier to enhance the signal strength).
- If users are still unable to connect after performing the above-mentioned actions, please try resetting your camera (see "**Reset**" guide)
- Although our cameras are compatible with most mainstream router brands on the market, there are a very few routers that cannot connect; please try to set up or replace the router.
How do I receive notifications? Why can’t I get alert message tweeting?
- To receive notifications move the ALERT slider to the middle (Message Alert)
or to the right (Message & Sound Alarm)
Make sure that your mobile phone allows the APP to receive notifications. You can check with the following steps: Go to Settings → Notifications → Find the APP, and then press LUTEC → open Allow Notifications
Make sure your SECURY’LIGHT has triggered an alert.
To obtain the best user experience, notification alerts are sent at 3 minute intervals so please wait at least 3 minutes to receive the alert.
The network environment may affect sending notifications to the server so please ensure the quality of the network is excellent.
What if I can't hear sound from SECURY’LIGHT on my mobile phone?
- Please check whether the app sound mute button is disabled and that your mobile phone is not mute.
- Check the network or please be patient and try a few more times. When the Wi-Fi is bad, the sound will be delayed or not transmitted.
Why is my time inaccurate? How to synchronize the time?
- Incorrect time displayed on the interface may result from power cuts occurring during the operation of the device or an incorrect time zone setting affecting winter and summer time. Use the following method to synchronize the time.
- Ensure that the device is connected to the internet.
- If the incorrect time displayed is caused by power cuts, the system will automatically synchronize the time every hour
- Users can also synchronize the time settings manually by following these steps:
- If it does not work, try to reconfigure the time by resetting the device.
How do I share SECURY’LIGHT with my family and friends?
- Go to Support→ Share.
- This section will explain how to share your system with others.
How can I watch video history?
- Go to Support→ Play.
- This section will show you how to playback.
What to do if the light is flashing on/off?
- The light of SECURY'LIGHT affects the photodetector. Try to adjust the head of SECURY'LIGHT to find a better angle and position.
- Go to "Security Level" → select "Custom", slightly adjust the "Sensor Activation Level" to the left (note that this adjustment may keep the daylight on).
How can I keep the light on?
- Move the slider in the MODE field to the far right.
What to do if your light is not on?
- The Light has 2 default brightness settings. A dim light when there is no passage and bright light when movement is detected by the sensor. Users can also move the MODE slider to the far right so that the light stays on.
- If you do not want the light to be on too early or too late go to the Security Level selection page - select Custom – move the slider of Sensor Activation Level, check you have set to correct exterior light level (daytime/night time). If slider is more towards the moon, the light will come on later in the evening when it is darker. If slider is more towards the sun, the light may come on during daylight. Please adjust this setting according to your needs.
- If you want to improve the detection sensitivity with the lights coming on more readily, adjust the sensor by directing it where you want to detect any movement. In the Security Level page adjust the dial to High or to Custom and move the Sensor Detection Distance slider to far. This will improve sensitivity of detection, and the light will automatically come on when users are further away.
What should I do when I change my router?
- If you still use the old router's Wi-Fi name and password, SECURY’LIGHT will automatically connect to the new router, and this does not need an additional operation.
- If you change the router's Wi-Fi name and password please reset the SECURY’LIGHT and re-configure it so as to update SECURY’LIGHT password.
What to do if the App is uninstalled or you forgot your password?
- Download the LUTEC SECURY’LIGHT App from the APP STORE or GOOGLE PLAY.
- Go to Support → select Reset, reset SECURY’LIGHT according to the steps and then reconnect by following the steps in SET UP.
What to do if you can’t watch video history?
- No alert that day.
- Check if the SD card is inserted.
- Restart SECURY’LIGHT or APP
- Reset SECURY’LIGHT
How to increase the video storage capacity?
- Your system is supplied with an 8GB microSD card; you can increase the memory by purchasing a larger capacity card. SECURY’LIGHT can support microSD cards up to 32GB. We suggest you use a good quality microSD card with a min. speed of C10 or higher, this will ensure you get good quality video.
- look for
How can I save videos or pictures to my phone?
- Go to Support PLAY which will show you how to use these functions.
Can I watch videos on my computer?
- The LUTEC app is only available for mobile devices operating iOS or Android devises and does not support devises operating with Windows or MAC OS.
- To prevent your privacy from being compromised, we have encrypted your video. To view or save the video on your computer, please remove the SD card from the SECURY’LIGHT and insert it into your computer card reader. Download the private player from the following link and watch. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CqfNRUIkGXy7gYA3urE3n4d2emr93sRi?usp=sharing
How do I rename SECURY'LIGHT ?
- Click LUTEC at the top of the video, and a pop up window automatically appear, type the name you want to enter, and click OK.
What to do if you do not want to receive too many notifications?
- Adjust your camera and sensor angle, and avoid it pointing toward a busy main street or passage.
- Go to the Security Level selection interface, and move the slider to Medium or Low position.
- Go to the Security Level selection interface, adjust to the Custom position, adjust the slider of Sensor Detection Distance to near, which will reduce the sensitivity of the sensor.
- In the Custom interface, set Alert Level to "Low = sensor and camera detection", alert notifications will be sent only when the two detect the moving objects.
What to do if the video playback is not smooth?
- Check your network speed and strength of signal on your mobile phone.
- Go to Support - Setting and use the speed tester to check the network speed by placing the mobile phone next to the SECURY’LIGHT. It is recommended that the network speed is greater than 2Mbps and the network remains strong (users can buy the standard Wi-Fi signal amplifier to enhance the signal strength).
- If you are at home, you can connect the mobile phone and camera with the same network to improve the speed and signal.
Why does the video stop when I return LIVE page from Security Level?
- Press "▷" button again in the video play interface
Can you change the parameters of Low/Medium/High security levels?
- No, but if these quick settings cannot meet your requirements set the parameters to Custom
What to do when the volume of alert/loudspeaker decreases?
- Maybe the loudspeaker has rain water in it and will become normal when it’s dry.
- Clean any dirt blocking the speaker grill.
Why can the SECURY’LIGHT stop working?
- Check that SECURY’LIGHT power is on and the connection to the mounting plate is excellent.
- Check that the network you are using is ok.
- If the ambient temperature is below -10℃ or above 40℃
Why is the video playback foggy?
- It can be caused by rain or temperature.
- Wipe the camera lens clean.
Why does the SECURY’LIGHT send alerts/notifications when nobody has passed?
- Rain or wind can cause the alert under the HIGH Alert Level
- Sudden light changes may cause the alert.
- If the angle of sensor is greater than the camera angle, it is possible that the sensor detects a movement out of the video area.
Why my light always keeps on in the night? How to stop the light being continuously on?
- If you want to turn off this protect light, you can go to Security Level - Select Custom - Adjust the Continues Light Level to 0%.
- You can also select Continuous Light Time and adjust a time limit.
What happens when the MicroSD card is full?
- It automatically over writes the oldest file with the latest video – this means you do not have to remove the MicroSD card unless you wish to review or save the video files.